Friday, July 27, 2007

I just helped a friend with some college homework yesterday and it reminded me of why I never want to go back to school again. I guess I will never fully understand why someone will write a non-English course textbook with such ridiculous language. Then again, maybe I'm just a moron. Actually, that's probably the case because I don't read books very often... if ever. Maybe 1 every 10 years or so. But why the hell does an art history book need to be written with such hardcore language. It seemed like every noun had at least one obscure adjective used with it. I don't know, it must be me being dumb, but I felt like I needed a dictionary at least once a paragraph just to try and understand whatever the hell the author was writing. Then again, why is it really necessary to write an art history book that way? It's art! Let the works be complicated, not the analysis.

The job is moving along. It took a while, but I'm finally starting to feel like more than dead weight around here... unless you're talking about right now at 10:30am on a Friday and I'm typing away on my blog... in which case I feel useless. I'm not going to take all of the blame though, all of my bosses are gone today and one of my business units is on a golf outing today. Hey, we didn't get invited to the outing so poop on them. I'll type on my blog if I want to.

What is it with people either not putting the TP on the roller or putting it on backwards? If you finish off the roll, toss the cardboard tube into the trash can that's 2 freakin feet away and load up the next one. I can't tell you how many times I see the new roll barely balancing on top of the finished roll. Seriously, is taking a dump THAT difficult that you couldn't possibly concentrate or have the motor skills to poop and change the roll at the same time? It's probably easier than walking and chewing gum... Seriously. I mean, it's not like you have to move. The TP holder is right there. I'm thinking I should post instructions with how to do it and paste it to the wall right above it. There's a reason why the TP holder is there. To keep your shit hands from rubbing all over the roll while you're taking care of the paperwork. Think about that the next time you grab a roll that isn't on the holder.

1 comment:

factorygirl said...

What a beautiful thing to see a rant about toilet paper rolls! Everything going splendidly well for you I hope. Nature corrects itself when things aren't right...Thank you miLady!!!! Peace and love to you!